Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

They swapped my frames!

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4u
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
sc37

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:39 pmJan 11, 2007    Post subject: They swapped my frames!

Well, I finally received them today....and they gave me differen frames than what I order! They're nice and look pretty close to what I wanted, but arn't exact...I'm gonna email them and see what they say.
sliq

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:05 amJan 12, 2007    Post subject:

they'll probably ask you to ship it back and get your other frame or perhaps suggest a refund or like a rebate on your next pair.. as long as the prescription is good.. (I wasn't that lucky)
sc37

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:57 pmJan 15, 2007    Post subject:

No response yet...idk if it's because of the weekend/holiday or they just wanna advoid dealing with the problem Rolling Eyes. But I will add, that the prescription seems to be correct, or pretty close. The frames seem to be pretty nice, for $25 especially...and the coatings are good too. But they just arn't what I had wanted...they are a bit bigger than what I ordered it seems and the lenses are a lot bigger than the ones I originally ordered. Doesn't help that the ones I wanted are sold out now.
sc37

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:44 pmJan 19, 2007    Post subject:

Well, finally got a hold of them. They say to pick out two new frames, probably just so they if they need to swap, they don't have me complaining again.
sc37

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:21 pmJan 29, 2007    Post subject:

Well I received my replacements. It was a prety quick turnaround, much less than what I endured last time. [b]BUT[/b] they didn't give me either of the two frames I sent to them again! Again, I got something pretty close to what was listed, but not exact...but they were the right color though. I'm not gonna bother them anymore about it, figure I got two usable pairs of glasses so I'll shut up.

But I'll comment on the them both, which are the titanium ones. I like the bendy frames, first ones I've ever had. Find it nice, think I'll be getting titanium from now on. Frames from them are quality and don't feel cheap.

The lenses on the frameless are perfectly polished, no rough edges...just seems that they drill mounted slighty off so the nose bridge and temples don't line up, not relaly noticeable. The lenses on the semi-frame are ok, didn't cut the exact shape so there's a minor gap in two corners, but they arn't noticeable either and should hold still. And they seemed to goof a little on the bottom exposed edges. They weren't so highly polished as the frameless were and the seemed to have messed up on a corner, almost like they sanded a corner too much. It's minor, but slightly noticeable.

Prescription is right on...and both pairs are identical, I can switch between them with no issues. And they seem to be a tad bit stronger, as they should be, than my old ones I've had for a few years.

I'd order again, guess can't expect too much for $24. I'd give it a 3 outta 5. Customer service was good and they'll work with you, I'll give them that.
sliq

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:26 pmJan 31, 2007    Post subject:

I'm still waiting on mine but not holding my breath
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4uAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.